180 BiTdi Oil Change

mhill

Security industry
T6 Guru
I've just ticked over 11K and I'm going to be keeping it a while and don't fancy the idea of 20k oil changes so I'm going to do incremental changes my self.

I've ordered the oil & filter but I'm not sure that I like the idea of removing the oil filter and covering the engine bay with oil once the sump is drained and the residual contents of the filter drops its load.

Anyone done this at home yet?

There's a few people that have changed the oil only by useing a suction pump , then replacing the oil.
If you do it this way no need to to touch the sump plug or filter.
I'm only on 4000 miles and 6 months old but when it's a year old I will do the oil this way and on the second year let vw do there 20,000 or 2 year service

I need a bit of help please.

My van is flashing up on the display that it need an oil change. Eu5 180 Bhp engine.

It was booked in but they have cancelled because they are closed because of the current situation.
However I am classed as an essential worker and therefore still need to use my van to go to work.

I have looked around here and seen info about other engines however I am struggling for my engine.

I am struggling to find the correct oil filter and where to order one from.

I am fine with the oil specs.

I think the sump plug is 30Nm.
Am I right in saying the filter should be removed before the plug or vice versa?

Thanks

It should be the same as my T5.1
180 Bi Turbo look on Halfords etc and put your van registration in and it should give you the correct parts.

I have just ordered the service parts for my T5.1 from Euro car parts this is the list
Also if you use code Sale60 it’s a big saving C1F1AFC4-3583-403F-AAF4-0B75AE586F26.png

Procedure is the same as any vehicle,

Warm engine
Remove sump plug, drain oil
Remove oil filter
Fit new filter (smear some oil on the rubber seal of the new filter)
Refit sump plug (new washer if you have one, wouldn't worry if you don't)
Fill with oil, check level
Start engine, switch off and check level again

Euro car parts or any parts supplier should be able to sort out the correct parts from your reg number

Alternatively some garages will still be open, drove past a couple of tyre type places today

Back