255/60/18" wheels.

copa mick

Australia
hi all, would like to know if a set of Amorok wheels will fit on my 2019 transporter. Wheel sizes are 255/ 60r/ 18. Don't have plans to lower van, just want to get away from stock steel wheels. Thanks in advance....Mick

In my experience that size will rub at all angles. I tested 255/55s and 255/60s and both rubbed, especially when the wheels were on lock and the suspension was compressed.
I find 235/60s are fine and 235/55s allow for a bit of lowering.....I'm no expert but all based on experience.

In my experience that size will rub at all angles. I tested 255/55s and 255/60s and both rubbed, especially when the wheels were on lock and the suspension was compressed.
I find 235/60s are fine and 235/55s allow for a bit of lowering.....I'm no expert but all based on experience.
Ok, thanks for that. I might be able to grab some 18's without tyres & put 235's on them instead of these 255's.

hi all, would like to know if a set of Amorok wheels will fit on my 2019 transporter. Wheel sizes are 255/ 60r/ 18. Don't have plans to lower van, just want to get away from stock steel wheels. Thanks in advance....Mick
Check out the thread Team Banded Brothers in ‘Show Us Your T6’.... even if you’re not going with steels or banded steels, there’s a lot of info on there with tyre sizes and suspension setups!

Back