We run a fleet policy, and I have had this conversation regarding "C" tyres, they didn't give a monkeys. So you can have your own conversation with your own insurer regarding this matter. As I understand it, the C tyre is a tyre that is designed for the fleet market, i.e it lasts along time. In my experience that is it, pretty rubbish in every other aspect. A 106xl tyre with all season designation is far far better than any rubbish "C" tyre.:thumbsup:
Hello, as I understand it the C rating is to show that the tyres are correct for commercial vehicles, lesser-rated tyres may not cope with the loading exacted upon them.

Hello, as I understand it the C rating is to show that the tyres are correct for commercial vehicles, lesser-rated tyres may not cope with the loading exacted upon them.
It’s all to do with tyre size, load rating (e.g. 103) and max pressure. In smaller sizes such as 16” to get a sufficient load rating (103) and high enough max pressure the tyre will have been made for the van market (rather than lighter cars) and will be C rated. Larger size tyres (e.g. 18”) will have some designed for larger cars/SUVs and come with a load rating and max pressure capacity high enough for the T6. These will not be C rated, partly because they don’t need to be as the load capacity is high enough and also because there is not the market for these larger tyres in the commercial sector.

If you get a tyre that has a high enough load rating and max pressure the C or XL rating will look after itself. The tyre sticker below (from a T28 panel van) shows how the rating needs change as the tyre gets larger.

IMG_6413.jpeg

Hi all I’m looking for some advice currently have 8"x18" JBW ROK GLOSS BLACK STEEL WHEELS what size tyres would look best, feel the arches without rubbing, raising or adding spacers. Currently have a lwb t30 on standard suspension. Thanks

Hi all I’m looking for some advice currently have 8"x18" JBW ROK GLOSS BLACK STEEL WHEELS what size tyres would look best, feel the arches without rubbing, raising or adding spacers. Currently have a lwb t30 on standard suspension. Thanks
235/55/18 would work well.

235/55/18 would work well.
Brilliant Thankyou for the reply. What tyres would you recommend for all year round use and comply with the load rating? Sorry if I come across a bit simple it’s a minefield when you start looking into what works best :rolleyes:

Brilliant Thankyou for the reply. What tyres would you recommend for all year round use and comply with the load rating? Sorry if I come across a bit simple it’s a minefield when you start looking into what works best :rolleyes:

Ah, it is indeed a minefield!
The first thing you can do is eliminate any tyre with a load rating lower than 101, your T30 must have 101 or higher rating.
There are lots of brands available in 235/55/18, from budget to premium, as always, you generally get what you pay for.
I always chose an "All Season" tyre and I don't try to save money, not when safety is involved.
I've got Bridgestone tyres but I'm not very impressed as they are wearing out quite fast and I drive like Miss Daisy.
Try a website like this to see what's available;

you wont beat these for value and performance
I've just bought 8 £48.59p each SALE IS ON HURRY

Black Circles £74 each

Good recommendation - I have just replaced the tyres that were fitted to the van when I purchased (Falken Azenis FK510 255 45Z R18 103Y) with Cross Climate 2 235/55 R18 V (104).

I wanted the AT Grabbers, but with 18's I don't think these would look right - these are more practical and fill the arches a bit more (note it is a 4 Motion T32):

View attachment 224928
View attachment 224929View attachment 224930

I have an Acapulco Blue currently on standard 17s but have a set of black 18x8.5 waiting to go on - that certainly looks smart. How wide are those rims though? Just a tiny bit concerned 235 won't be wide enough for 8.5" wide rims. Do you know how much yours is lowered by too? Mine is a T32 and it looks like it's on stilts and castor wheels at the moment.

Back