18” Tyre recommendations (T32)

Captain Mainwaring

T6 Guru
Sorry if this has been done but I trawled through the forums and not found anything

I am running a T32 on 255 45 18 103. Up till now I have kept Nokian winter tyres all year round because I have been doing low mileage and live in Highland Scotland where it is regularly wet and the winters are longer. My mileage is going to increase quite a lot this from this year on, so going to go separate winter and summer tyres. What are people's experiences/recommendations on summer tyres?

I am a pretty relaxed driver (in the van) so don't need high performance, but also don't really want to go budget end as they tend to not come out well in the tests, especially for wet braking and handling. The major manufacturers seem to be around £150-160 a corner. None of the tests seem to be on this size tyre or on vans, so I would be really interested in peoples actual experiences whether in this size or larger

Hi @Captain Mainwaring .... I’m just waiting for a set of Michelin Cross climate + ( back order ) wanting more grip than the Goodyear F1’s.. Blows the average budget but if the longevity thing is true would be worth the expense ..Mines the same tyre size...What I did find with the F1’s not good in heavy rain and they much prefer dry roads...so hence why I'm trying all season

@Rado those Falkens look worth a shout. Not too pricey and do reasonably well in the tests for wet weather. Not sure about the Uniroyals as they don't seem to get rated in the tests. Any other suggestions?

@Rado those Falkens look worth a shout. Not too pricey and do reasonably well in the tests for wet weather. Not sure about the Uniroyals as they don't seem to get rated in the tests. Any other suggestions?
Uniroyals are budget tires, I saw people fitting those Falkens on bmw m3s, m4s and that tells much. (sorry for my english i am from slovakia)

@BognorMotors thanks. Anything in particular you like about them? If I remember rightly from the tests I read they are great in the dry but not so good In the wet, or am I completely mis-remembering?

I use Michelin X climates SUV rated for my van as it's a t32 got a Great deal from camskill tyres. I,be bought them before for my wife's van and my Audi C4 Quattro . Got them from Costco the previous times. There decent tyre's.

If and when my new T32 arrives I will be putting 18" alloys on it. What are the options out there, and recommendations please- no ditch finders! Also preferably all season tyres.

If and when my new T32 arrives I will be putting 18" alloys on it. What are the options out there, and recommendations please- no ditch finders! Also preferably all season tyres.
I bought these nearly two years ago, I've done about 25K on them since and they're good, wearing very well, great in all weather and importantly, load rated in excess of what a T32 needs.
3.9% bigger than OE, fills the arches a bit better, speedo is perfect now against sat nav speed.
I can't believe I paid £114 per tyre and now struggle to find them for less than £200. :(

255/45R18 is what comes on the Sportline vans. I’ve used a couple of All Season options, Goodyear Ultra Grip and Michelin Cross Climate, both good. Goodyear’s better in wet / winter, Michelin’s are the all rounder (IMHO)

Thread merged - see those above your post.

I am currently on the hunt for some new tyres to go on my sportline 18s. Currently have 255/45/R18 tyres on.

I would like to go for a bigger sidewall to hopefully soak up potholes and bad road surfaces in the highlands.

What we think 255/50/R18 or could push to 255/55/R18?

Currently also on sportline 30mm dropped springs. Hopefully the bigger tyres will fill my arch gap up and spacers if needed.

Have you guys noticed a difference with the bigger tyres?

Cheers

Stevie

Hi @Captain Mainwaring .... I’m just waiting for a set of Michelin Cross climate + ( back order ) wanting more grip than the Goodyear F1’s.. Blows the average budget but if the longevity thing is true would be worth the expense ..Mines the same tyre size...What I did find with the F1’s not good in heavy rain and they much prefer dry roads...so hence why I'm trying all season
Update….Michelin CC+….less wheel spin …Great on Grass ( had a few camping grass nightmares) All round good tyre…highly recommend :thumbsup:

I am currently on the hunt for some new tyres to go on my sportline 18s. Currently have 255/45/R18 tyres on.

I would like to go for a bigger sidewall to hopefully soak up potholes and bad road surfaces in the highlands.

What we think 255/50/R18 or could push to 255/55/R18?

Currently also on sportline 30mm dropped springs. Hopefully the bigger tyres will fill my arch gap up and spacers if needed.

Have you guys noticed a difference with the bigger tyres?

Cheers

Stevie
Hi Stevio, may I ask what you went for please? I'm hoping AT Grabbers 255/50 will fit!!

Back