Found 17" steels with tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
Has anyone got a set of standard 17" steels with decent tyres that they want out the way?

I go on holiday shortly and my colleague takes over my business for a few weeks, and although he's a careful driver, he is very reluctant to use my van with my 20s on, and the new set of Banded Amaroks will be no better because they are brand new and will have a slight stretch to the tyre, so not much help in this situation.

Basically he knows i'm precious about my wheels and doesn't want to send me a message saying he's kerbed them, so a set of hacks would be ideal.

I'd prefer something near Leicestershire if possible, but before I go on holiday, I am in the following locations:
Monday- Derby.
Tuesday- Liverpool.
Wednesday- Dartford.
So if you are on route from these locations back to Leicester, then this is also doable.

17" steels vary in price, but I recently paid £150 for a full set off another Forum member with really decent tyres fitted, which was fantastic, but they have been banded and moved on now.

I've already seen all the sets on eBay, but none are in a suitable location, or are insane prices.

Last edited:
Not got steels, but I have a set of Devonport that need a refurb but have decent tyres on you can use.

Thanks @Skyliner33 for the offer.

My plan is to buy some cheap 17" steels to use whilst I'm on holiday, then shoot them down to Jamie to be banded. I did this recently, but sold the new banded 17s before I fitted them and kind of regret doing this.
I know 17" are small, but they allow me to opt for a more comfortable tyre as a winter wheel. I'm still undecided what to do with my new Amaroks when they turn up next week.

What colour you gone for paul?. Im gonna be sending my 17s to jamie and wondered what tyres would you go for?.

What colour you gone for paul?. Im gonna be sending my 17s to jamie and wondered what tyres would you go for?.

As always, Chrome mate. I love the Blacks he does but they just don't work on my.T6.

17s can pull off a variety of sizes when banded, including some bigger profiles like 45s and 55s if you go something like 225s. To go low profile on a banded 17, you really need to be Air low or at least maxed out coilovers to make such a small wheel look good.
Banded 17s also suit big Swamper knoblies.

If i was going banded 17s I'd probably go 225/45/17, maybe 235 depending on tyre brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back