Hi Guys

Look wise I love my 245/65/17 Holeshots and KO2s.

You do however notice the van is working harder with them. Mine is a 150 dsg 2wd and it feels like it labour's a fair bit more with these tyres. Especially since it's a full camper. Don't get me wrong it's not bad but being mechanically minded I do keep thinking over what it may be doing to the drive train in terms of extra wear.

What's people's thoughts on that concern?

I was thinking dropping a tyre size a little to try and keep the swamper look but get back a little closer to how it felt on the Devonports on stock tyres.

I like the idea of Michelin latitudes for example. But what size....

Cheers
Paul

View attachment 51081
It's all in the mind pal....heavy duty Van's, keep working them hard, they'll take it.

Is anyone running KO2's on 16" rims? I'm looking for a set now but can see the min depth is 70 on a16 which puts a -12% Speedo error in. This could be a tad too much.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience.

I've tried loads of tyres on T5/T6's over the years.
For me its 235/60/17 about 3.5% over sized from OEM; I wouldn't go any bigger in terms of rolling radius, unless I was upgrading/changing other things.

Bum. So that's my KO2's out. And now I can truly kick myself for missing out on those Weller's recently. :(

Is anyone running KO2's on 16" rims? I'm looking for a set now but can see the min depth is 70 on a16 which puts a -12% Speedo error in. This could be a tad too much.
Just wondering if anyone has any experience.

I have. I put it into willtheyfit.com and it said 6.13% error from the OEM 17"s.
This is the limit to what I'd change. I love them. A bit of tyre hum but nothing too bad and I notice you have to give it a bit more foot down to accelerate but I only notice this when I'm overtaking, which isn't often!

Thanks @Lukavell I did the same which is where I got the 12% Speedo error. That's a big change on 16's.
Have to look for an alternative.

VW have approved 20 inch rims recently with the tyre size 275/35/20.
Compare there to 235/60/17 and dispite that tyre being bigger than standard it's still smaller than an approved tyre from vw. vw aren't concerned by the extra size affecting mechanical parts and warranty issues.
It's all down to personal preference and how happy you are with slightly reduced mpg and extra road noise.

Thanks Guys, some good info. It could well Just be in my head. I'm a fussy bugger after all.

I'd go smaller but just love the look of the KO2's. The mpg and road noise isn't much of an issue for me....more the potential additional wear on the drive train that's got me thinking. I plan on keeping the van for many years and dread to think of the costs involved if the dsg needs work.

I've tried loads of tyres on T5/T6's over the years.
For me its 235/60/17 about 3.5% over sized from OEM; I wouldn't go any bigger in terms of rolling radius, unless I was upgrading/changing other things.

Chris thanks, out of interest why wouldn't you go any bigger....mechanical reasons?

Drivability for me; if you wanted AT tyres then 225/65/17 are slightly larger (rolling radius), and so long as you weren't too picky they work.
But when you go up to 255/55/18; 235/65/17's imo, you take a lovely van and make it worse in terms of bottoming out; accelerating/braking/turning in. imo

I run 235/60/18s AT3s and they are great, no noticable differences from the original 205/17s except a far better ride and the obvious off road ability compared to the OEM Conti's

I run 235/70 R16 A/Ts, haven't noticed much differences from the original 235/55 R17s in terms of handling, braking/accelerating. I'm thinking of getting a set of 245/65 R17 on holeshots, not sure if they will rub on full lock as I have 30mm lowered springs fitted.

Chaps......I think the step down is near haha.

Considering putting some 225 BFGs on my davonports and selling on the holeshots/245's.....have I gone mental?

Paul

@Pau1GTI you might be mad if the holeshots don't work for my van... :rolleyes:
What size?
I do agree with the chunkies tho. Nice move.

@Pau1GTI you might be mad if the holeshots don't work for my van... :rolleyes:
What size?
I do agree with the chunkies tho. Nice move.

Haha 245/65/17s mate.

I keep changing my mind tbh. Proper lost on direction. Love the look that's for sure. I'm just hinking more mpg due to towing more now etc.

I have the davonports sitting so may try something smaller and can always go back if the holeshots don't sell

Tbh mate, I'm the same. I had my 16" steels powder coated so I can put chunkies on but now trying to work out what will fit without straining the engine or over pushing the Speedo.
Like the holeshots tho.

Back