I think it lists at 77db, which is a pretty high noise rating.
There are loads of reviews in the UK and USA which suggest noise is not a problem from this tyre. I guess it's all relative;)

it is listed on the BFG UK website as 74 db for the 225/65 R17

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO 2 | All-terrain 4x4 tyres, mixed 4x4 tyres, versatile all-terrain

I've got the Cargo vector 2's and they are rated at 72 db, i don't notice the noise on those.

id imagine the older they get the louder the BFGs would get even louder.

thank you; T32 4 mo on standard springs and a map to 190 for the TDI150.
useful advice on not going quite so large. spacers are expected and now just choosing suitable load rated tyres "103"

I'm running Michelin Latitude Cross 235/55/17 103Xl

The wheels look like the 18" Toluca's you can get on a Velle Exec.
The wheels do look like Tolucas, in which case they are 18"wheels; and the tyres will probably be 255/55/18 BFG At KO2;
this size of tyre fits fine with wheel spacers. I ran GG AT 255/55/18 on my T5 Vel for a few years with a standard 30mm drop, no problems.

I'm running Michelin Latitude Cross 235/55/17 103Xl
Do you have standard suspension? I’m not lowering my Combi as I need the clearance. Also have you used these tyres on mud and wet grass? I’ve read good things.....

Hi Guys

Look wise I love my 245/65/17 Holeshots and KO2s.

You do however notice the van is working harder with them. Mine is a 150 dsg 2wd and it feels like it labour's a fair bit more with these tyres. Especially since it's a full camper. Don't get me wrong it's not bad but being mechanically minded I do keep thinking over what it may be doing to the drive train in terms of extra wear.

What's people's thoughts on that concern?

I was thinking dropping a tyre size a little to try and keep the swamper look but get back a little closer to how it felt on the Devonports on stock tyres.

I like the idea of Michelin latitudes for example. But what size....

Cheers
Paul

IMG_20190609_214217_126.jpg

Last edited:
How about the 225/65 r17 bfg KO2s,..

I’ve been running them for over 10,00km on our trip and have had no issues, done some crazy long 4X4 tracks with tire pressures at 29 psi and it handled the last 155km track without issue.

I did notice that on the tire wall it’s not to be used on 7.5in rims, I’m running stock power coated t32 rims with a Seikel lift

How about the 225/65 r17 bfg KO2s,..

I’ve been running them for over 10,00km on our trip and have had no issues, done some crazy long 4X4 tracks with tire pressures at 29 psi and it handled the last 155km track without issue.

I did notice that on the tire wall it’s not to be used on 7.5in rims, I’m running stock power coated t32 rims with a Seikel lift

Hey mate thanks for the reply. It's funny you suggested that tyre size in the ko2s because after this post I stumbled across a few guys saying the same as you and that that they worked well. Kicking myself as I had the choice when ordering and went the 245 route. I think they are just a tad too big...

Cheers
Paul

Back