Think I read they ate Amarok rims, but can't find them..

I think it lists at 77db, which is a pretty high noise rating.
There are loads of reviews in the UK and USA which suggest noise is not a problem from this tyre. I guess it's all relative;)

Reactions: CRD
Slightly oversized in the nearest size to standard, very noisy and not speed rated for our vans, but if you are okay with that, they are a good tyre. I’ve had a few on different 4x4s.

Cheers Loz
Was planning to get my T6 insulated for sound and warmth, to reduce the noise already coming from the back...hopefully that'll help out too.
I'll pop in to a local fitter my way and check, so I'm just looking really for a standard size all terrain to fit a 17" alloy.
Don't really want to change my Davenport alloys so hopefully it will look ok with the tyres...one way to find out.
As for speed ratings, something I should probably have a read/esquire about

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A KO 2 | All-terrain 4x4 tyres, mixed 4x4 tyres, versatile all-terrain

Anyone rolling with these tyres?

I have 17" VW alloys that came as standard.....just want to upgrade my tyre so it looks a bit more....meaty
Just from a desk top exercise and reading reviews I wonder if the Coopers Discover offer a better solution
in 235/60/17 load rating
https://www.4x4tyres.co.uk/235-60-17-cooper-discoverer-at3-102t_0051743
Cooper_Discoverer_AT3 (1).png
Think they may offer better road manners than the BFG, this size hasn't got the load ratings for a T32, but other variants should be OK. If you have a T32 and fancied this tyre you would need to move up to a 235/65/17 size.
An all season tyre so good for summer&winter.

I think it lists at 77db, which is a pretty high noise rating.
There are loads of reviews in the UK and USA which suggest noise is not a problem from this tyre. I guess it's all relative;)
Another 8db and your employer legally has to supply ear defenders. Epically loud really.

Another 8db and your employer legally has to supply ear defenders. Epically loud really.
Its strange, these are the quoted db rating, but when you read all 100's of reviews on the USA tyres sites, people say they are pretty quiet. Maybe the 10 cylinder or V8 trucks the yanks run, hides the rumble. I wonder if the db rating is really a comparison only way of testing, and not real world; A bit like Euro published mpg, total bollox, just there for comparison.:thumbsup:

Those tyres are getting pretty big. 35mm more side wall, and a 10+% increase in gearing. I guess you've got standard springs? I think they will go in just, but you may need to modify the plastic liners. I think you'll need wheel spacers as wheel (depending on your wheel et), to miss the linings, and to keep full steering lock.
But if you carry any weight in the van, you bottom out when travelling fast and hitting a hump or pot hole.
Most people going to the size would get a stiffer lifted spring from
Home - Seikel or similar.
offroad-tires-for-the-vw-multivan-t6.html also have some info
If you stick with 235/65/17 which is a common size amongst tyre manufactures I think you will be fine without modifications, other than a small wheel spacer.
At 10%+ increase in rolling radius you will defiantly notice the change in gearing also, and speedo accuracy.

Lets us know how you get on.

Back