150ps DSG Performance

I'd last four seconds on a fast bike before becoming part of a tree/wall/hedge.[/QUOTE]

I must say i have strayed into hedge or two in my time :whistle:

Any metal in you?![/QUOTE]

NOPE :) Found soft spots (more luck than judgement) just a couple of ribs :(

Last edited:
I'd last four seconds on a fast bike before becoming part of a tree/wall/hedge.

I must say i have strayed into hedge or two in my time :whistle:[/QUOTE]

Whats your weapon of choice?

My friend races and ever since his dad came home on a 916 I fell in love with the sheer beauty and power of them. A bit like others though, I just dont trust myself at all.

I must say i have strayed into hedge or two in my time :whistle:

Whats your weapon of choice?

My friend races and ever since his dad came home on a 916 I fell in love with the sheer beauty and power of them. A bit like others though, I just dont trust myself at all.[/QUOTE]

Started when i was let lose on a 500cc motorcross bike...SCARRED the life out of me, so i bought one ;). Bit of a Honda man really 600 then blades (all i could afford ) Also had a supamoto for a bit until some swine stole it :mad:.

Last edited:
Started off on a 600 Kwacker Ninja, and then moved up to a Gixer 1000. Rode a CBR600 at Ron Haslam Race School at Donnington. Haven't ridden in 12 years. Would love to get back on one but couldn't trust myself.

Me to @DaveyB had to give 2 wheels up as i have enough going on with out me ending up in more hedges ;) Life moves on fast and we have different priority's as it does ( well i do anyway :))

just interested in peoples opinion in regards to this engine option with the DSG box?
Hi pukka. We've got a Bilbos Space camper on a t6 150 dsg. It's fantastic very responsive very smooth both up and down the box. Out and about I get around 40 to 42 mpg. On a motorway run I stick around 60 to 65 mph and get 50 to 54 mpg
Just got back from cornwall 410 miles and did it on just over half a tank. Can't fault it at all.

I've got the 150 DSG and I love it, as much power as I'd want in a van and I love the DSG, it's my 3rd (I don't do manuals) though the other 2 were cars. They've massively improved the hesitancy problems over the years, and apart from a slight reluctance to change up when reaching cruising speed it's pretty perfect for me.

My last T5 was the 130 2.5 and this is vastly better in every way, performance, smoothness, economy and noise.

@PukkaT6 , I've a a 140 DSG Kombi and find both the engine and gearbox absoluteley fine for what I want, which is tramping up and down the motorways. It will get an easy 40mpg and more, fully loaded or not, and will comfortably cruise all day long at 130kph on the highways of europe. It is a van, a very nice van, but a van so if this is your first you will find a difference in driving style. Now you have already given us a glimpse of your driving preferences (330d chipped and 335d) a T6 is nothing like these cars, try to imagine a 520d touring from ten years ago and you'd be closer. The 140/150 are economical and perform perfectly well, the 204 even better but the mpg will suffer. You just need to have different expectations for your "driving experience", it's nothing bad, just you need to chill out it bit more.

Thanks Scruffy - My expectations are well inline with your comment, working in insurance and knowing if I have a bump it comes out of my Boss' pocket means my driving style has altered somewhat. TBH just getting older, having kids and realising there is more to lose than to gain from going fast has totally changed my outlook. The van is definitely in line with my life at this moment. I will probably get that van and most likely leave the engine standard as Id rather go for styling and interior mods.

I'm happy with my 150 dsg, it's enough for a van, but then I have a car for my fun...

My T6 is a 150 DSG and the performance and smooth gear changes are great. It took me a while to get used to it as I have never owned an auto before. Only downside is fuel consumption is not what I expected although its now got better as you dont have to be heavy with your fight foot. I tried using the COAST function which does help fuel consumption but I felt uneasy with the Freewheel feel. Just hit 10k now and well happy with it otherwise.

I really like my 150 DSG - power is more than sufficient for me and MPG what I expected. However, coming up to the magic 3000 miles am wondering if I am about to start hitting the problems others have reported.
I've just hit the 13,000 mark and not a thing wrong touch wood. Just got back from 3 weeks in Cornwall. 400 miles on the way back home on just over half a tank of derv. MFD said 52 mpg on the motorway.

Back