150ps DSG Performance

Yes stationary Regen's are forced or active Regen's. Mine will do it around town sometimes. If I stop the engine and come back 5 mins later after visiting a customer it will continue the active Regen cycle. You could say it can Regen 5 times in 30mins but it's just one Regen over a set time. Active Regen use way more fuel.

Passive Regen's happen when cruising around on carriageways etc.

You should see a Regen twice per full tank or around every 30 litres.

The fans running is an active Regen keeping the engine cool as it forces more fuel to increase exhaust gas temps. Usually the fans well remain running after engine is off but it won't Regen with the engine off however the dpf will still be red hot, burning off soot from passive residual heat.

Im not to clued up on issues but as its a lease vehicle and under warranty then Im not too fussed if anything happens - sounds selfish but Im hoping its never an issue for me or you guys.

Yes stationary Regen's are forced or active Regen's. Mine will do it around town sometimes. If I stop the engine and come back 5 mins later after visiting a customer it will continue the active Regen cycle. You could say it can Regen 5 times in 30mins but it's just one Regen over a set time. Active Regen use way more fuel.

The fans running is an active Regen keeping the engine cool as it forces more fuel to increase exhaust gas temps. Usually the fans well remain running after engine is off but it won't Regen with the engine off however the dpf will still be red hot, burning off soot from passive residual heat.
Cheers Ratty, so I was right and wrong in equall amounts. I can live with that;)

First time it happened on the drive I thought the van was going to spontaneously combust

Just a thought, if I notice the fan seriously overrunning after pulling up, is it best to get back in a drive it a bit longer to ensure the regen fully completes??

Just a thought, if I notice the fan seriously overrunning after pulling up, is it best to get back in a drive it a bit longer to ensure the regen fully completes??

No because it's an active Regen. If you leave it over night and drive the next day once its up to temp it will force an active Regen again until the sensors in the dpf give the all clear.

Just let the van do it itself. That's how it's designed....... until the adblue throws a wobbly and then it's up to vw.

Remember when we used be allowed to drive long OR short distances in our cars before lunatic emissions strangling diesel ancillaries came our?

That's what both our petrols car do; no fuss whether I drive to the shops or to Germany.

I have the 150 DSG and i love it (as long as it keeps being good) . Dont enjoy every day driving going up and down gear boxes sat in traffic, i find that annoying , Manuel boxes in fast cars and bikes...on the track ;)

I have the 150 DSG and i love it (as long as it keeps being good) . Dont enjoy every day driving going up and down gear boxes sat in traffic, i find that annoying , Manuel boxes in fast cars and bikes...on the track ;)
Haha; my fast car is auto. 'Cos it's faster!

Totally agree manual all the way in something quick, these flappy gearboxes aint for me at all.

I am a DSG convert, had a Golf and Touran DSG for 6 years now.

Drove a manual T6 then two with DSG's. I found the DSG's were brilliant, no sign of hesitation etc.

I pretty much never use my paddles.
The gearbox in sport is better than me.

They are impressive thats for sure and that Audi I saw on your drive looks an absolute beast however im very much a rwd manual man, so much more fun ;)

Did think that after i wrote, as the auto boxes in todays performance cars are great, so im told but never had fast cars just bikes ;)
You do lose a bit of control but our auto is faster, better on fuel and lower on CO2 than the auto. As are many DSG boxes but not the T6 one.

I'd last four seconds on a fast bike before becoming part of a tree/wall/hedge.

They are impressive thats for sure and that Audi I saw on your drive looks an absolute beast however im very much a rwd manual man, so much more fun ;)

Audi?!! How very dare you! :rofl:
''Tis a BMW M135i auto and a Subaru Outback 2.5 petrol manual. :D

Back