Oil filter location? 150PS

If it's VW 507 00 spec then you're good (assuming you're running a diesel). There's a lot of us on here that run the fixed service schedule and probably equally as many more who should do! (below extracted from the sticky post at the top of this section)
  • Service Regime One: Fixed Service (Time and Distance) – the first of 12,000 miles or 12 months
    • Recommended if you drive less than 10,000 miles a year
    • You drive your van mainly in town centres / heavy traffic
    • You make frequent short journeys
    • You often use your van for towing or heavily laden
    • Your driving style involves hard acceleration and braking
I look at the cost of an oil/filter change vs the price of filling the fuel tank up.....it hardly makes a dent in the annual running costs and it's definitely the right thing to do unless you're just leasing/PCP for three years and then giving it back.

Just done an oil change on my 150, here's a few useful pics for info.
New filter (Mann 501440619 from Carparts4less with code SCREAM100 gets it at £6.30) comes with filter and 2 O rings.
View attachment 54156
Small O ring goes on the filter drain plug, use this to drain most of the oil out of the filter housing before removing the main body. 13mm socket.
View attachment 54157
Main body of the filter housing comes off next, My socket is a metrinch, 31/32mm.
View attachment 54158
Change out the filter and the O rings, there's a handy gap to get a pick under to remove the big one.
View attachment 54159
I changed the drain plug for the Gold Plug magnetic version.
View attachment 54160 View attachment 54161
19mm socket, tighten sump plug to 30Nm.
View attachment 54164
I used Shell Helix Ultra Professional 0W-30 AV-L VW 507.00 and oil & filter change takes 7.4litres
The picture description of the filter change in the VW document Pages 100-101 4.29.3 is incorrect for the CXHA engine, it shows a filter that is accessed from above, while my CXHA engine is accessed from below as in the picture in Crallon's post above.
Grim

@Grim Reaper

Thank you
I've done this today ! Finally plucked up the courage !

Better you did it and know it's been done with the right oil and filter than trust it to a garage and not know if they actually did anything.

Following on from the guide by @Grim Reaper ......

T6 Oil Change on YouTube

Simple vid showing how it's (not) done. To be fair he only misses the extra bung in the oil filter housing which he mentions in the vid.
Hi All
I’ve just done the first of many oil changes in my new 6.1 150 Kombi at 6090 miles; I’ll not be waiting the 18k or so till it says it needs it.
I plan to keep changing it every 5 or 6k and will put good quality oil in (Mobil 1 5/30 this time).
Now should I reset the oil service interval or not…?

Yes reset your oil service when you do your oil change.
Ok, thanks for the advice; can you tell me a little of why?
Here’s why I might not …whilst it’s still under warranty and has a service plan to cover the first two services I thought I might be best keeping these changes below the VW radar…?

Ok, thanks for the advice; can you tell me a little of why?
Here’s why I might not …whilst it’s still under warranty and has a service plan to cover the first two services I thought I might be best keeping these changes below the VW radar…?
"Oil service" is only Instrument Cluster display reminder based on time and distance driven.
VW keeps separate track of both and follow their service plan accordingly.

EDIT:
In other words they won't care if your IC shows "oil change due" or not.

Thanks for this thread. With the help of the pictures I’ve found my filter under the vehicle :). I’ve just bought 2x Castrol Edge Long Life Engine Oil - 5W-30 - 4ltr at around £45 each! Euro car parts. Was going to change it every year even though we do pretty low mileage around 7k a year. Is this overkill ? Should I change the oil less often? Cheers.

I think I mentioned in a different oil thread, if you're looking for a good quality cheap option for regular oil changes you can't go far wrong using Smith & Allan Momentum C3, either 0W-30 or 5W-30 grade 504.00/507.00 spec oil.
For around £85 for 20 litres delivered it's a bargain.

I think I mentioned in a different oil thread, if you're looking for a good quality cheap option for regular oil changes you can't go far wrong using Smith & Allan Momentum C3, either 0W-30 or 5W-30 grade 504.00/507.00 spec oil.
For around £85 for 20 litres delivered it's a bargain.
Awsome thanks.

Back