1300 or 1400 mid-mount Titan Bed??

timrobbo

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Can't decide between a 1300mm wide titan bed which mounts against the nearside of the vehicle or a 1400mm which has to be mounted centrally with an equal gap either side. Not having kitchen or full height units but feel I could do something with the space left next to the 1300 (low level unit of some sort for storage??). Does the 1400 look odd with a gap either side. Anyone with experience of either??

For me its a no brainer. 1300mm all day long with some storage down the side with a cushion on top trimmed to the same as the seats then you have a full width bed.

I've been having this exact debate with MrsM this morning! Wonder if anyone has any photos to share and make the choice easier!

I'm thinking that any unit next to the 1300 would end up being small and not that useful?

For me its a no brainer. 1300mm all day long with some storage down the side with a cushion on top trimmed to the same as the seats then you have a full width bed.
Exactly what I was thinking. Did you make the units or have them custom made? Do you have any photos?

Exactly what I was thinking. Did you make the units or have them custom made? Do you have any photos?
I haven't done this, its the way I would go given your post. I have seen a van done this way and it looked awesome.

Things you can do on a Friday......
This is a mock-up of the size I think low level units would be. 100mm of upholstered foam on top would bring it to the same level as the Titan 1300 mid mount. I 'suffer' from twin-sliders so I could extend the units a bit further into the sliding door area for more storage and extend the bed when flat. Who says the space wouldn't be useful?? :D
The alternative is to go for the 1400 and do something similar to the 3rd photo (note the photo shows a full width vari-mount not a 1400).

1300 titan unit mock up 1.jpg

1300 titan unit mock up 2.jpg

Titan bed full width 1.jpg

ok, maybe I’m wrong, there’s more storage than I thought!

Glad it’s not just me that’s got lines of tape all over the floor and cardboard cutouts. Can’t beat a good bit of CAD.

(cardboard aided design )

Just ordered the 1400 in the end, so we'll see what we come up with either side. Plenty of time to think about it as there's a 4 month wait!

I went for the 1300 in the end. Don't want to wish the summer away but can't wait. Plenty to do in the meantime including changing my Kombi floor for a one-piece ply version.

Back