3crispies

Classic Vws
T6 Guru
Just drove to South Spain in one go 45mpg @ 80mph with AC full where could, couldnt believe this time how busy all routes were. What a farce at eurotunnel blagged pcr tests and by the time our results were through we were halfway to Paris, not bad will miss the van when home as new one has arrived.

20220730_201057.jpg

That’s about 12 hours isn’t it? Assume you have fuel/wee stops in there too?
Pretty cool none the less :thumbsup:

That’s about 12 hours isn’t it? Assume you have fuel/wee stops in there too?
Pretty cool none the less :thumbsup:
We wish gunned it too Montpellier in 9 hrs and crash in one of tunnels so total was nearer 15 hours. If I could be arsed dashcam footage would be amazing...

Just drove to South Spain in one go 45mpg @ 80mph with AC full where could, couldnt believe this time how busy all routes were. What a farce at eurotunnel blagged pcr tests and by the time our results were through we were halfway to Paris, not bad will miss the van when home as new one has arrived.

View attachment 167177
PCR test???

View attachment 167177
That’s amazing MpG going 80 all the way. I’m guessing you don’t carry much weight? We used to go to the France/Spain border in one go 13 hours from Herts to Perpignan but used to go through the night, no traffic and great roads. So easy!

According to .gov, if you are double jabbed and had a booster, you are fine. Just ensure you have a screen shot of your nhs vaccination pass.
If you haven’t had a booster, no more than 9 months must have elapsed since second jab….then you need a PCR

According to .gov, if you are double jabbed and had a booster, you are fine. Just ensure you have a screen shot of your nhs vaccination pass.
If you haven’t had a booster, no more than 9 months must have elapsed since second jab….then you need a PCR
Ahh! We’re both boostered. We’ve crossed the channel twice this year & flown to Poland. We’ve not had to upload anything, just show our passes on our phones at check in.

We had to upload our vaccination status to the Eurotunnel site when we travelled out in May this year. Nothing was required for the return to the UK.

We had to upload our vaccination status to the Eurotunnel site when we travelled out in May this year. Nothing was required for the return to the UK.
That's what we did a couple of weeks ago.

Sounds like it may be a Eurotunnel thing. You don’t have to do this with the ferries.

Sounds like it may be a Eurotunnel thing. You don’t have to do this with the ferries.
I think they make you do it and the passenger details to avoid delays at check in so the French don’t have to check everyone’s at the customs booth. We came over last Saturday and I can categorically say that it didn’t work! Whether the French border control would ask for them if we hadn’t done it I don’t know, they certainly didn’t check for any contraband diary goods!

Dates and bananas, no problem. Milk for a good ole British cuppa and they’ll call in the gendarms with semi automatics!

We didn’t get asked for proof of vaccination on our way out or back in via the Chunnel, and I’d actually forgotten to upload the screenshot to the online booking.

Went out Thursday at 2150 and returned Monday 2120 and had no issues.

View attachment 167177
That's pretty good mileage. Did Dorset to Manchester, then Manchester to the Alps, over last weekend. About a thousand miles in total at about 75mph on cruise with aircon blasting.. Only got just under 30mpg but then again it's brand new so will be tight as a (insert very tight thing).
Manchester to the Alps took 17 hours door to door including tunnel and stops in a 204DSG.

It amazes me how much fuel consumption varies van to van.

I drove from Shropshire to Annecy and back. Light right foot down to the tunnel, cruise at 66mph heading south in France, light right foot driving round for a week, cruise at 75mph heading back to the tunnel, making a little more progress from the tunnel back home. 1800miles in total and an average of 33mpg.

Back