Carista Codes 000397, 00036 & 03303?

gmaster

T6 Pro
I ran the carista app on my T6, T32, 204 Kombi earlier and the following fault codes came up:

The van has done 1,700 miles.

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

Have two codes on mine:
Headlight aiming 5275648
ABS display test, blue segments 00397...
Any ideas?

Just bought Carista and ran the diagnostics came up with 4 faults:
ABS 00397
Instrument Cluster 13654544
Headlight aiming 526721
CAN Network Gateway 03158

Where do I go from here, reset them all or take to VW to sort ? Not sure what that last one means.

Any help appreciated

ABS 00397 is tyre pressure warning - from warning light on dash.

The other three - I have no idea :unsure:. Obviously you had ignition on as you got ABS fault recorded? All the controllers are "behind" CAN Network Gateway, thus my question about ignition on.

I wouldn't clear the faults myself. If those are intermittent ones, the repair procedure at VW seems to be clear them at first time and see if they surface again. The faults have a counter, so you might actually lose a good number of fault counts, and possibly an immediate repair under warranty.

From the earlier ones in the thread 0036 is Fuel Level Low - from warning light on dash.

Ah yes my tyre pressure light was on before I ran the diagnostics. I did end up resetting but they all resurfaced again.

Ah yes my tyre pressure light was on before I ran the diagnostics. I did end up resetting but they all resurfaced again.
Hmmm...:thumbsdown: perhaps Carista can't properly reset all fault memories... I would have expected at least tyre pressure "fault" go away being an easy one - except being in the ABS system.

I wouldn’t overly panic I scan loads of vans and don’t ever recall scanning one with nothing logged in the memory, these vans record the tiniest of details and often show irrelevant stuff
Carista is a cheap/handy device but not great for fault finding as it only gives you basic codes/info and often doesn’t help with the details

Not sure about the second one but my guess would be the third one you have LED headlights and left them on ‘travel mode’ for a while and the fourth one could be s simple as an aftermarket radio installed

I’ve just scanned my van and got:

03303 Feedback Locked - position rear - left

As I noticed the door LED lighting contstantly when locked, thus showing an error.

Turns out the button on the slider isn’t pulling down enough when locking, so the door doesn’t deadlock.

If you manually push the button down and then lock, no constant red light or error.

Anyone come across this?

I plan to take the door card off and clean/lubricate unless someone has a better plan of action? It’s only been an issue since the weather has got colder.

Hi, just connected Carista for the 1st time and have 3 faults. The van is approx 14months old with 7k on the clock. Thoughts welcome on what the codes mean please.

1C41E11C-3A62-4ED5-B1C1-FBC004180686.png

they tell you what to look at,

00329 - fuel flap lock
03303 - lock position switch, rear left door.
00975 - rear heated window.

just clear them and see if any come back.

I’ve just scanned my van and got:

03303 Feedback Locked - position rear - left
Power latching on left sliding door?

Thoughts welcome on what the codes mean please.
Power latching on left sliding door?
Tailgate or barn doors? Power latching?
-----------------------------

OBDeleven gives the following:
00329 = Activation for unlocking rear lid.​

Grabbed from VCDS:
03303 = Closing status of rear left door.
03304 = Closing status of rear left door.
On mine the glitches above were recorded in fault memory in January - it was -30C when faults were captured, however I didn't notice anything unusual. Also recorded as intermittent.​

00975 = Heated rear window, open circuit.​

Many thanks. I’ve not noticed a problem with the side door but will look closely tomorrow.

I purchased the van after the cold weather so have not had to test the rear demister. It sounds like there may be a problem with a damaged circuit.

Anyone know if 00329 is the tailgate or fuel flap? I did not think think the fuel flap had any locking so possibly the internal switch release on the tailgate? (I have tested it and it does operate from inside)

Many thanks. I’ve not noticed a problem with the side door but will look closely tomorrow.

I purchased the van after the cold weather so have not had to test the rear demister. It sounds like there may be a problem with a damaged circuit.
I believe you can test the rear demister just by pushing the button and see if the light stays on. Have a look at ---> Dodgy Demister

Can add to the list of codes?

OBD2 - Confirmed
P20EE - SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 [the van has only had short runs this last week so guess this is re-gen connected?]

ABS
00397 - Display test, blue segments [this cleared when I re-set tyre pressure values]

Engine
31103 [no text, just the code]

I'm not going to panic as there's no worry lights on the dash.

Back