‘SAFELOCK - CHECK OWNER'S MANUAL’ message on MFD

Paulj123456789

Hi all I have a VW T6 16 plate with a auto door locking Fault , every time I turn the ignition off the dash reads check safe owners manual . The garage looked into this but just came back with faulty module box , does anyone have any more info ?

im sure i read this in manual it was happening to me try when locking your doors with fob with 1 push only locks doors with anti pick device and arms alarm if fitted and stops reminder coming up on screen a 2nd push on fob lock deactivates this just locks the doors ..... i think it as it was 3 years ago

Mine does it quite often but it could be my Clifford alarm fob upsetting the tetchy VW

Safelock means deadlock it’s just a warning if you still in the van that you are now deadlocked.

I have this - every time I turn off the ignition it says 'SAFELOCK - CHECK OWNER'S MANUAL'. I looked it up in the manual and it just explains that with a single press of the fob, SAFELOCK is operative, which mans you can't open the doors using the levers. Press The fob twice and it locks without activating SAFELOCK. I don't think it's a fault; more an alert.

I asked the same question this week at the VW garage, they said it comes up on all vans for about the last 9 years nothing to worry about.

It’s not a fault- it’s just a warning that it will be deadlocked so if you leave any one in the van they won’t be able to get out.

Just realised this thread started in September 20 so he’s probably worked it out by now

It’s not a fault- it’s just a warning that it will be deadlocked so if you leave any one in the van they won’t be able to get out.
can't understand why VW garage didn't tell me this, its quite an important"need to know". I haven't found it in the Manuel yet,

thanks for that, had my T6 Kombi 18plate 10 days now, lots of little things to learn, selling T5 Kombi now.

yep. sat in van and pressed the button once to lock and couldn't get out without unlocking with the button.

Can you safelock and hold to retract wing mirrors in a single long press. I have been retracting wing mirrors with a second long press. And therefore turning off safelock it seems.

Can you safelock and hold to retract wing mirrors in a single long press. I have been retracting wing mirrors with a second long press. And therefore turning off safelock it seems.
Yes, have you tried?

Safelock issues !
I've checked thru forum etc and tried few suggestions etc.
I'm getting check safelock on dash.
Button shows turn on.
Pressing safelock button does nothing turn on or off etc.
Can't lock my doors or sliders with fob. Hatch stays stubbornly locked !
I've checked fob battery and spare fob and gone thru reprogramming etc to no avail, worked fine earlier. Went for a drive vans not been used for a couple of months battery was low.
All I've done was check the 30 amp fuses all ok but replaced with new ones anyway, as my radio isn't working either!
Run out of ideas

Back