Ölbel Conversions

Just use the VW Used Search

You aren't going to get a low mileage 150 Highline for 17k plus VAT. Your post stated a Startline and there are hundreds of those.

Just a note to the above, When i phoned up to enquire about used vans from the VW site the salesman in that particular branch told me that most of the vans from their dealership were sold before they advertised them, (they are just sales leads) i'm sure that will be the same for others but not all. You really need to get your name on their list with the exact spec you need.

Bought my van from Avondale.
Usually have a reasonable stock of vans that aren't white Startline models. Not so many on their site at the moment as when I purchased.
Cheapest that they have at the moment is £18,490 + VAT for a 2019 T28 Highline in Indium Grey.

Just use the VW Used Search

You aren't going to get a low mileage 150 Highline for 17k plus VAT. Your post stated a Startline and there are hundreds of those.
Yeah sorry it did because I’m considering all options. My budget for a Highline is approx. £20-25K which i would hope would be enough, otherwise shopping around for pre-converted.

Bought my van from Avondale.
Usually have a reasonable stock of vans that aren't white Startline models. Not so many on their site at the moment as when I purchased.
Cheapest that they have at the moment is £18,490 + VAT for a 2019 T28 Highline in Indium Grey.
Great thanks will take a look.

Hi, I had also seen the Olbel van at Autobay direct. It seemed too good to be true at that price. I went on Google Street View to look at the address listed and it's just a residential street. Ended up ordering one from Platinum Wave Campers, really similar style to the Olbel van. Costs a bit more but definitely exists!

Reactions: Jlo
Hi, I had also seen the Olbel van at Autobay direct. It seemed too good to be true at that price. I went on Google Street View to look at the address listed and it's just a residential street. Ended up ordering one from Platinum Wave Campers, really similar style to the Olbel van. Costs a bit more but definitely exists!
Hi, I’ve considered Platinum Wave too. I also like local firms North West Dubs and Freedom Conversions. I wont be doing anything stupid but the contact I have is with a chap in a dealership that sells used cars on to Autobaydirect and so he knows the owner. When I get to view one I’ll have much more idea and will get a lot more info and hopefully some photos to upload on here.
Watch this space ....

Hi, I’ve considered Platinum Wave too. I also like local firms North West Dubs and Freedom Conversions. I wont be doing anything stupid but the contact I have is with a chap in a dealership that sells used cars on to Autobaydirect and so he knows the owner. When I get to view one I’ll have much more idea and will get a lot more info and hopefully some photos to upload on here.
Watch this space ....
New to this thread and looking for a T6 conversion too... Do you have a further update on this? I too have seen the Olbel's and they look great online. Am planning go and see one this weekend so will find out some more. In the meantime if anyone has more info please share here. I will share what I find out too.

New to this thread and looking for a T6 conversion too... Do you have a further update on this? I too have seen the Olbel's and they look great online. Am planning go and see one this weekend so will find out some more. In the meantime if anyone has more info please share here. I will share what I find out too.
Oh great, can't wait to hear what your experience is. I also have a viewing imminent and will let you know how it goes.

So, did you view the vehicle? I’m dying to know!

Hi folks, well I viewed the Olbel camper and I thought it was a very attractive looking unit. All campers are done to the same spec on a Startline with business pack for a price of £40K. I would say if you’re curious go along for a look and ask some questions, there’s nothing lost in that. Absolute miserable weather when I looked though so didn’t drive it or see the top up. Anyway, I took a few photos as promised ...

A73E6653-6D3E-452D-A664-875F62F5E6A1.jpeg

B46A68D0-6CDD-48C4-A41B-9EE5A6464FBC.jpeg

21F866F9-A41D-4961-8146-40ACBA46A31B.jpeg

71E60E67-1C5D-44D3-A914-E3AF6008A8DA.jpeg

21CCD2BF-2820-48C6-B00D-60149ABA6E46.jpeg

513AB8F7-DFA5-45C7-A68A-2DB52513CF58.jpeg

388152A2-2E9F-4A07-9402-042453A2E7F8.jpeg

467294F8-1655-4F31-9BDC-AED32DA13EE5.jpeg

58EA3557-73EA-4C80-BE26-9496B203DA49.jpeg

70E54322-0D45-4CB4-8D03-29E7A7277B71.jpeg

3DF0A092-1964-4FB6-BCC8-E172D881582C.jpeg

E8F75AAA-EDD6-4335-871A-674F3DCAD060.jpeg

Reactions: Jlo
Hi new to the thread. We’re looking at the Olbel campervan too. I’ve been in communication with Autobay direct & all seems fine . They seem to have a small amount of vans that are the same spec (which I really like the look of). We’re going to view next week. Thanks for the pics it looks great what did you think? & anyone else who has viewed or bought a van from them much appreciate any advise

This is a car sales company local to me who just started converting transporters. Calling them olbel!
I've bought one car in the past from them, and to be honest they aren’t the greatest to deal with. After sales is shocking also .

Hi new to the thread. We’re looking at the Olbel campervan too. I’ve been in communication with Autobay direct & all seems fine . They seem to have a small amount of vans that are the same spec (which I really like the look of). We’re going to view next week. Thanks for the pics it looks great what did you think? & anyone else who has viewed or bought a van from them much appreciate any advise
I thought the van itself looked great, but I’m no expert at all on the technical side! so I didn’t exactly ask that many questions in that respect. Just had a good look around to get a feel of the van. It seemed like you get a decent amount for your money. However, it’s a set spec which they’ve found popular and which they said has sold well, and I wanted quite a few different things, e.g. single front passenger seat, more personalised & brighter interior, and ideally a tailgate, so this van wasn’t for me personally. I found the chap good and helpful to talk to. Sounds like a disappointing experience you had though, @JonriceT6

Since my viewing of the Olbel, I’ve actually chosen my dream camper from North West Dubs (now The Custom Shop) in Liverpool. Paid more, but confident it‘s the right van for me.

The Custom Shop | Campervan Conversions

I knew the minute I visited it was the right set up and company for me. Spent 2 hours showing me around and answering my questions, no rush, and real VW experts. I’m due back there soon to choose interior colours. I bought the van through them too which has all my requirements (T6.1 Startline in Ascot Grey). I was finding sourcing a van myself damn near impossible!

Anway, good luck with the viewing next week, definitely worth a visit and chat with them, nothing lost there :)

Last edited:
I thought the van itself looked great, but I’m no expert at all on the technical side! so I didn’t exactly ask that many questions in that respect. Just had a good look around to get a feel of the van. It seemed like you get a decent amount for your money. However, it’s a set spec which they’ve found popular and which they said has sold well, and I wanted quite a few different things, e.g. single front passenger seat, more personalised & brighter interior, and ideally a tailgate, so this van wasn’t for me personally. I found the chap good and helpful to talk to. Sounds like a disappointing experience you had though, @JonriceT6

Since my viewing of the Olbel, I’ve actually chosen my dream camper from North West Dubs (now The Custom Shop) in Liverpool. Paid more, but confident it‘s the right van for me.

The Custom Shop | Campervan Conversions

I knew the minute I visited it was the right set up and company for me. Spent 2 hours showing me around and answering my questions, no rush, and real VW experts. I’m due back there soon to choose interior colours. I bought the van through them too which has all my requirements (T6.1 Startline in Ascot Grey). I was finding sourcing a van myself damn near impossible!

Anway, good luck with the viewing next week, definitely worth a visit and chat with them, nothing lost there :)

Hi thanks for that, glad you found the right van for you! we’ve looked at a couple, the Olbel seems to have the things we’re looking for but It’s made me think maybe should look around there seems to be a few few more coming on th market at the moment
Thanks again

Hi thanks for that, glad you found the right van for you! we’ve looked at a couple, the Olbel seems to have the things we’re looking for but It’s made me think maybe should look around there seems to be a few few more coming on th market at the moment
Thanks again
You should always look around!

Thanks again
... and read up to really inform yourself. Great info on this forum. It’s taken me the best of this year checking all sorts out before I finally bit the bullet. Good luck!

Thanks, feel like all I’ve done is look at campervans & then what you put in them all good though

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Back