Ölbel Conversions

New to this thread and looking for a T6 conversion too... Do you have a further update on this? I too have seen the Olbel's and they look great online. Am planning go and see one this weekend so will find out some more. In the meantime if anyone has more info please share here. I will share what I find out too.
Hi there ,

i am also looking at the olbel campers. Have you managed to go and see them?

i am interested to have some feedback on these Obel conversions . the guy who i spoke to seemed ok.

Im close to autobay direct so if anyone needs any information on the olbel campers I’d be happy to go and ask and take some pics.

Reactions: Jlo
Im close to autobay direct so if anyone needs any information on the olbel campers I’d be happy to go and ask and take some pics.
Thanks Jonrice, i have reserved one with them and is under build at the moment. I was just looking if anyone has bought one from them .

Thanks Jonrice, i have reserved one with them and is under build at the moment. I was just looking if anyone has bought one from them .
They have some In stock now don’t they? I’ve seen two t6.1s . Crafter and a transit . I’ve only bought cars from them, they are new to converting transporters, so not sure what the quality would be like or where they get their pop tops installed. But they look nice vehicles.

Hi Did you get your van and if yes, have you been happy with it?
I’m driving all the way from Scotland this weekend to see one and want a heads up if I’m wasting my time.

I went to see a few the other week, they’ve been on sale for a while now. They said they would get back to me with a price for my T6.1, I’m still waiting numerous weeks later. It’s a long way to come to visit a non reputable camper sales company. They’ve only been doing campers for a few years, to make a quick buck I presume from the staycations. They have been selling used cars for many years prior .

I went to see a few the other week, they’ve been on sale for a while now. They said they would get back to me with a price for my T6.1, I’m still waiting numerous weeks later. It’s a long way to come to visit a non reputable camper sales company. They’ve only been doing campers for a few years, to make a quick buck I presume from the staycations. They have been selling used cars for many years prior .
I guess you’re an experienced camper owner so what was your thought on quality of build?

They look nice, but I always think any converters who don’t spend good money on a decent branded pop top is cutting corners. Just my opinion.

Reactions: DXX
Hi Did you get your van and if yes, have you been happy with it?
I’m driving all the way from Scotland this weekend to see one and want a heads up if I’m wasting my time.
Hi Alison

yes , i went to see it and bought it. in my view was a good value for money , as I could not find, anything at this price and mileage/age. With my budget I could not justify to spend around or over £50K for example.. buy it from Platinum wave campers/ or the custom shop, big conversion companies. these vehicles are going now for crazy money.

in any case, as for other companies, they do not fit the Gas. I decided to have it done by a certified Gas engineer, as wanted to be safe, and i am going to have a tambour door fitted at the back locally here. the conversion company where i had the awning fitted last week, said they have a good finish overall. the only issue i had with the van was the passenger door mirror not closing upwards. but Autobay fixed it for me.. i think is reflected on the price, you cannot choose the type of the furniture or bed, etc... also the pop up roof has only two windows, one side and one at the front...i was ok with it..
Also asked Autobay if they had any issues so far with the conversions, and they said the previous/earlier campers had a diesel heater issue. since then they now fit a planar autoterm heater which is one the good ones. i have been using the Heater and is working ok.
just check the vehicle properly when you are there...
hope it helps.

Reactions: JOG
Thanks for getting back to me. I’m glad you’re happy with it. Can you confirm the make of the pop top?
We’ve postponed our trip until we get some more details from the company.
Enjoy your travels

Thanks for getting back to me. I’m glad you’re happy with it. Can you confirm the make of the pop top?
Enjoy your travels
No, i don’t know the make ! Let me know if you get them !

Enjoy your travels
They don’t do branded pop tops, that’s why I didn’t buy one.
I’ve bought a few cars from them, and when I asked about the pop top and rock and roll bed brands, they where very reluctant to give details. I asked if it was a branded version. They said no both are fitted by a local converter .
These guys don’t actually convert the vehicles, they send them out to various places to get the jobs done .

Enjoy your travels
Hi Alison, did you ever go down to see them, as I am going down soon to see one? Regards Trevor

Back