£1000 For Insurance Wtf!

RyanGerry

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So I called Adrian Flux today and was quoted £1000 for my 68 Editon Kombi.

Can anyone recommend any other insurers?

Many thanks

Ryan

Brentacre for me

£480 - Highline 204 DSG - 35 years old - 11 years NCB - Driveway - all mods declared

Just a call or email to add any further modifications at no extra cost (unless performance enhancing)

Doesn't a lot of this relate to the declared value of the van and where you live..... ie postcode.

As well as the above?

Were with aplan and have been for years.... pay about £1000 but that commercial insurance with a named driver... 11yrs NCD, driveway, all declared etc etc...

I've noticed that the postcode the car/van resides at has a risk factor attached to it that can massively effect your quote....... all other factors being the same.

Just something to add.......

So I called Adrian Flux today and was quoted £1000 for my 68 Editon Kombi.

Can anyone recommend any other insurers?

Many thanks

Ryan
Mine was 1500 with Admiral, Adrain Flux wouldn't even insure it. Tried Dan at Brentacre and got full cover for 700. Friendly and easy to deal with

I'm shopping around for insurance for my 216 LWB Highline 140ps manual diesel - self-build. It was built on a new vehicle purchased by me in 2016 and converted immediately after purchase.

Conversion includes Reimo High Roof professionally fitted.
Reimo 333 seat / bed on runners etc. - Waeco CRX65 Fridge. - SMEV 555 Grill - SMEV Hob & sink unit - Eberspacher heating, wind out awning etc. etc. No fancy extras infotainment etc.

I need around 15,000 miles per year fully comp cover cover at lease 75 days European cover, on street parking. Insured & spouse to drive, no convictions, no points, no health probs, reasonable Post Code & max no-claims.

Now here's some of the things that I am finding...

LV won't cover more than 12,000 miles / year.

Another won't consider self-builds valued over £30,000! I don't know where they think you can buy just the new base vehicle for less than £30,000!

I've got a quote from Adrian Flux which will meet my requirements at less that £450.

Anyone got any other ideas?

Rod

Worth going for an agree value, I did with A Flux, sent them the pictures Tec and the cheating sods just said market value despite saying otherwise on the phone. Rang up and complained n got no where. Looking at A plan

I was with A Plan for first year. 150DSG LWB Highline. Some minor conversion work. But basically a works vehicle. Parked in driveway, wife and 33 yr old son on policy as occasional drivers. A Plan premium rose £300.00 after 1st year! So I sodded thems off. NFU helpful, but not as cheap or as helpful as Brentacre. £500.00 ish.

I keep reading these threads where people pay less than half what I pay to insure my T6. My postcode is always a cheaper area to insure going on my daughters first car and reasonable price to insure, plus my wife's 2018 Mini Cooper S that she paid £264 to insure only today, with me as a named driver.

Yet, my T6 holds around the £1000 mark, give or take a £100 or so. Like @Dellmassive I also have commercial insurance, and i've got a clean licence and full no claims. I've called several insurance companies since owning the T6, but they are all around the same cost.

I’m with Admiral, about £650 for two cars multi car insurance. 2016 T28 Highline Leisuredrive conversion. 10K miles per year, leisure with commuting. Parked on drive in a low rate area. Worth a shout. Also found out that your no claims can only be applied to one vehicle so if you have another vehicle try living the no claims to the VW

Back